I really want to be updating more. Once I finally gut the room and clear my writing desk, fix the PC and get my routine sorted I will try my best to get this back on track.
So much has happened since my last update, I will quickly cover stuff:
– I moved to another department in work and I am really enjoying it. I have applied for a promotion but was rushed for the application to be in before I went on holiday, so I am not confident I will get an interview. But no harm in trying!
– Met the most amazing man, who was right under my nose the whole time. Johnny and I have been together since February 2014, and I could not be happier. He has been such a positive influence in my life.
– Mum was diagnosed with state 4 lung cancer in September 2014. This made me have to sit down and really think about our relationship, to which I concluded she and I were best to put the past behind us and move on with the limited time we had left together. She passed away in her sleep December, I was with her when she passed. I don’t have any regrets about my decision, as much as we didn’t like each other we were mother and daughter. I organised the funeral and other arrangements so it would make things easier on the family as I was the only one living in the UK now. It was hard work but everything went to plan and now I am at the mourning stage I suppose.
– Mum passing left me with the worry of what to do with her cats. This led to Cal adopting old woman Holly the cat who is loving her life with him and I took Susie, the younger of the two. She and Ellie tolerate each other, and she is an adorable big lump! She is curled up asleep next to me as I type!
– Johnny and I returned from a 2 week holiday in Japan yesterday, we travelled to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Nagoya. I was slightly worried I wouldn’t enjoy it, as I have always wanted to visit since I was a tiny wee girl, but I can safely say I loved every second of it and we will be going back as soon as we can! We have a few days off before returning to work, thank God! The flight over was hellish as I took the flu the day we left and was bed ridden for 2 days, but the flight back was easy.
– whilst in Japan, Johnny proposed and I said yes, so wedding planning once we are feeling less shattered from the jet lag! I need to get my engagement ring adjusted though as its a tiny wee bit too big for me but it is gorgeous!
Thats pretty much it for now, I really want to be better at updating so I will work hard at it.